William Wheat Kirk

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Sweet Moments!

I do not have a lot of childhood memories that stick out in my head...I really don't know why, because I had a very good childhood. One thing I do remember clearly is my mom lying in bed with me at night and rubbing my forehead and singing to me. So, naturally, I have always done the same thing with Will. I rub his little forehead and sing. I almost always sing "Hush little baby, don't say a word, momma's going to buy you a mockingbird....etc." Well, last night, I was lying in bed with him, (he has figured out a way lately to get me to lay in his bed with him until he falls asleep) We are both very quiet and it is dark.. I think he is asleep. Then, all of a sudden, he gets real close to me, puts his hand on my forehead and starts rubbing my head. Then he says "cuddle with mommy, Will sing." He then starts singing..."Hush baby, mommy mockingbird, hmm, hmm, hmm!!" It was the sweetest thing ever and something I am so glad I have to tuck away in my memories! Although I probably should make him fall asleep by himself, moments like that make it all worth while to disobey the rules! I don't care what the experts say, sweet moments are worth it!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OHHHHHHHH!Love,Nina

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Counter