William Wheat Kirk

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Being Brave!


So, I missed Will so much while I was in Blowing Rock the first week for the horse show, I decided to take him with me for the second week! While it was very good to have him there with me, it was also very hard. I have a hard time getting myself ready and prepared when I am by myself at horse shows, so times that by about 1 million! This is something I will not do again without some help. I do have to thank the sweet girls for helping me with him while I rode!! Needless to say, the hotel room got very small for the four days we were in it together!! While we were there, I took Will to Tweetsie Railroad. This is a very cool place and I recommend to everyone. Will had so much fun and loved riding the train and all the other rides! It would have been a lot easier if someone else had been there with me, but we got through it on our own. After the horse show was over on Sunday, Will and I headed to my parents mountain house in Sapphire Lakes. (or as Will says, "Pop Pops mountain house") We stayed there until today and just relaxed in the cool weather. While all our adventures were a lot of fun, it is GREAT to be home! Will is so happy to be home to all his stuff!

7 Comments:

Blogger I love my girls!! said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:22 PM  
Blogger Ariail said...

Taking a 2 year old to a theme park by yourself really is brave... I am impressed.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Leslie -
I am a blog surfer who occasionally "stalks" your site thru Ariail who is linked on Eliz Render's blog.
I just had to comment on the small world we live in - my parents have a mt house in Sapphire Lakes and I spend a good amount of time there with my two year and 6 month old sons during the summer!
We'll have to keep an eye out for you!
Nancy

2:59 PM  
Blogger Leslie Kirk said...

It is a very small world! We need to hook up next time we are there and let the kids play! They aren't too many young people up there, so it would be nice to have some people to "play" with! I love it there, but it does get a little boring if you are not with some other people! We would love some new friends!

7:20 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

We will be up there for Labor Day weekend.
Mom and Dad's house is on the lake & I am sure Will would like a spin in the boat as much as my boys do!

6:21 PM  
Blogger Leslie Kirk said...

We have actually been talking about going that weekend too! Yes, I am sure Will would think that was the greatest thing ever! I will let you know for sure if we will be there, and we will have to meet and let the kids play!

8:35 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

I don't think you can get to my blog through my comments so here's my link:
www.dubosesmomsblog.blogspot.com

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Counter