William Wheat Kirk

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, May 04, 2007

Moving Forward

Looking at my sweet Will this morning before his Daddy took him off to school reminded me of all the things I have to be grateful for. This week has been awful with a rollercoaster of emotions filled with confusion, hurt, anger and sadness. Waiting for the D&C procedure was terrible and I didn't feel like I could let go until that was done. My mind and heart could not let go of something that I felt was still with me. Now that the procedure is done, I feel like I can finally start to let go and move forward. Losing a baby is terrible and something so many women have to go through. I am a true believer that God does have plan and is only sparing us pain and heartache in the future, but it is still very hard to understand when it is happening to you. There will always be a place in my heart for this baby that was not meant to be, and I plan to take this love and use it for strength.

I want to thank my sweet mother who has stepped in and taken care of my family while I couldn't. Thank you for being there for Will and taking such good care of him. Thank you for making sure Pat was fed and all his clothes were washed. And, most of all, thank you for holding my hand, kissing my cheeks, and wiping my tears away. Words cannot express my gratitude for all you have done. I could not have gotten through this without you. Thank you to my Dad for loving me and letting Mom give all her spare time to me.

Thank you, Pat, for being such a loving husband. Thank you for understanding the time I needed to heal and for also taking such good care of Will. Thank you for your love and support and your sweet kisses.

My sweet Will, thank you for all the hugs and kisses you have given to me this week. Your sweet face gives me the strength to get out of bed just so I can watch you. You are so special and I thank god for you everyday. One day, you will be the best big brother.

Thank you, Chris and Ariail, for being so supportive. Thank you for letting Will come play with Durham so my mom could have a little break. Ya'll have been great and we appreciate it.

Thank you to Kim, and Kendall and Emily for the beautiful flowers to brighten up my dark room. Thank you to Lori for coming over and playing with Will.

Thank you to all my wonderful friends who have called and left emails for me. Thank you for all the prayers. Knowing you are all there for me is so comforting. I am blessed with such wonderful family and friends. I will grow from this and I really appreciate all the support. I love you all.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Daniels said...

I am so glad that you are feeling better. You are in my prayers everyday. Love you!!

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You make me cry. I love you so and wish I could take your pain away. I miss my Will. We were together so much this week. Fortunately,he continues to be himself and loves the one he's with so I'm sure he has moved forward this week-end.

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Counter