William Wheat Kirk

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Life and Loss

I will never regret my decision to tell the world my exciting news of having another baby as soon as I found out. That was my decision and I wanted everyone to share in the excitement with me. I do, however, regret that I now have to share the devastating news that somewhere in the last two weeks we lost our little heartbeat. It seems that this baby was not meant to be. The baby was not developing properly and no heartbeat could be found at my appointment yesterday. This was a total blow to someone who thought this could never happen to them and I am feeling so much loss. Three months of growing a baby can make you very attached, and it is very hard to let go. My sweet Will came to my room late yesterday afternoon to give me a hug and kiss, (he doesn't know yet), and he kissed my stomach and said "I want to kiss the baby!" How do you tell a two year old news like this. The good thing is that he soon will forget and hopefully never remember this later in life. I have always believed that sharing a pregnancy early with friends and family was good because if something bad did happen, I would have lots of support. Little did I know that I would actually be living it. So, I feel much comfort in the fact that when I am ready I will have wonderful friends to lean on.

13 Comments:

Blogger Kristen Bozard said...

Lelly,
I am so sorry. You know that we love you and are here for you if you need anything!

Love,
Kiki

10:22 AM  
Blogger Ariail said...

We love you all very much and are glad to have been included in your excitement and are glad to help you all in any way during this sad time.

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lelly,
I am truly sorry for your loss. I know that there are know words that can take away the pain that you are feeling. Kiki's right, we love you very much and if you need anything we are only a phone call away!!

1:20 PM  
Blogger LOLLY said...

Hello Leslie,
Although we have not officially met..I feel like I know you from Jennifer,Greg & Patrick Daniels..I follow your Blog through viewing Patrick's and hear all about you and your Family through Jennifer. I felt compelled to reach out to you today, because I have been where you are twice myself, and I wanted to tell you how sorry I was to read of your loss today on your Blog.. ...May the Lord Bless you and help you heal...and know that you and your sweet family are being mentioned in a lot of prayers today. I Hope to actually meet you in person one day, but until then, You are in my thoughts.. I am so sorry~

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leslie,

I heard that from Caroline today. Hang in there and everything will be fine.

-Hunter

4:25 PM  
Blogger Curly said...

We are all so blessed to have such good friends to help us when we need it...lots of love to you from the Suggs and Milliken families!
Love,
Caroline

4:40 PM  
Blogger The Daniels said...

I am so sorry. If you need anything I am only a call away - We love you all very much.

5:08 PM  
Blogger TYount said...

Please know that y'all are in our thoughts and prayers!!!!!

9:17 PM  
Blogger SPM said...

Leslie,
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Ya'll have been in our thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Sarah Preston

8:59 AM  
Blogger Haley said...

Leslie and Pat,
We love you very much and are here for you when you are ready.
Love,
Haley

9:23 AM  
Blogger Autumn said...

Leslie,
We are so very sorry. Please know that we are thinking about you and Pat.

love,
Autumn

8:44 PM  
Blogger Leslie Kirk said...

Thank you, everybody, for all your sweet comments and thoughts. Pat and I are very lucky to have such great friends. It is very uplifting to know how much support we have in our time of loss. Love to you all!

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We were so sorry to hear of your loss. May you be blessed during this time and I pray for strength and peace for your family.

Love, Todd and Meagan

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Counter